dr hab. Grzegorz Siebielec, prof. IUNG-PIB
tel. 81 4786 910,
mobile: 516 203 523
tel. 81 47 86 919
fax: 81 4786 920
Department’s Research Profile:
1) Cartography and spatial valuation of soils at the national and regional level, including the phenomena of erosion and land marginalization;
2) studying the physical and chemical properties of soils and monitoring the dynamics of their changes at national and regional level;
3) determination of the impact of agricultural and non-agricultural activities on the condition of the natural environment – monitoring and improvement of the criteria for the assessment of soil and water pollution by xenobiotics of various origin;
4) research of mechanisms and indicators of soil degradation and development of methods of land reclamation and degraded areas.
5) supporting the implementation and assessment of the impact of free policy instruments with regard to soils and the environment;
6) assessing the possibility of using waste substances for fertilisation and soil remediation;
7) transforming the available resources of spatial information on soils into formats used in the European Union;
8) running databases and modelling of phenomena taking place in agricultural
and urban spaces using GIS techniques;
9) developing models for comprehensive urban planning, taking into account European Union standards.
- Elaborations concerning the assessment of land use changes, soil quality, level of its pollution, land productivity and soil degradation processes.
- Ecotoxicity assessment and ecological risk analysis of soil contamination.
- Development of databases and integration and processing of soil quality and rural areas spatial data.
- Development and delivery of digital soil and agricultural maps and their derivatives and digitalization and updating of soil maps to various scales.
- Evaluation of the usefulness of waste substances in agriculture.
- Modelling of water balance and migration processes of nutrients and contaminants in the catchment areas.
- Development of comprehensive rural area management projects.
- Determination of soil properties and level of soil contamination with trace elements and organic compounds.
- Advanced software for spatial analysis, modelling changes in land use, water balance, erosion processes, migration of nutrients and contaminants.
- Integrated databases on soils and the environment.
- Determination of soil physicochemical properties – granulometric composition laser analyzer, Mastersizer 2000, mobile spectrophotometer VIS-NIR, CN VarioMacro analyzer, soil electrical conductivity detector, soil penetrologger, profile probes for soil moisture determination, flow analyzer CFA AutoAnalyzer for nitrates, nitrites and phosphates measurement.
- Determination of the content of elements and organic compounds in soil, water and plant samples – ICP-MS spectrometer, AAS spectrophotometer with graphite furnace, UV-VIS spectrophotometer, Hg analyzer, microwave stove, ASE extractor, gas chromatograph with ECD detector, gas chromatograph with MS detector, GC MS/MS (QqQ) gas chromatography kit.
- Microtox water or soil toxicity testing system, Oxi-Top kit, Fitotox-kit system.
Staff: Landline phone:
Baćkowska Marlena 81 4786 914
Barański Jerzy 81 4786 914
Chabros Edyta 81 4786 919
Ciepiel Joanna 81 4786914
Debaene Guillaume 81 4786 776
Gembal Anna 81 4786 914
Gembal Piotr 81 4786 913
Jadczyszyn Jan 81 4786 779
Kaczyński Radosław 81 4786 926
Kamińska Monika 81 4786 783
Karkuszewska Elżbieta 81 4786 783
Klimkowicz-Pawlas Agnieszka 81 4786 917
Koza Joanna 81 4786 783
Koza Piotr 81 4786 777
Lipski Dominik 81 4786 916
Łopatka Artur 81 4786 781
Łysiak Magdalena 81 4786 783
Niedźwiecki Jacek 81 4786 780
Nowocień Eugeniusz 81 4786 771
Pasternak Urszula 81 4786 913
Pecio Monika 81 4786 916
Poręba Ludwika 81 4786 774
Siebielec Grzegorz 81 4786 910
Skomra Grzegorz 81 4786 913
Smreczak Bożena 81 4786 918
Suszek-Łopatka Beata 81 4786 778
Ukalska-Jaruga Aleksandra 81 4786 915
Wawer Rafał 81 4786 773
Wójtowicz Urszula 81 4786 783
Wydra Sławomir 81 4786 913