Strengthen IUNG’s proficiency on „Managing the Production of Food and Feedstuff, their Safety and Quality under Global Climate Change”
The main objective of the PROFICIENCY project (2009-2012) is to strengthen IUNG’s excellence, through technological, human and partnership capacities fostering. IUNG ambition is to adopt a totally integrated interdisciplinary approach around four interdisciplinary research areas related to agriculture: 1) Land Use, 2) Soil Quality, 3) Production Systems and Techniques, and 4) Plant Products Quality and Safety.
PROFICIENCY is expected to foster the integration of IUNG within the European Research Area (ERA), by increasing its leadership among European research institutions, covering the whole production food chain, providing high level data interpretation and influencing local as well as EU politics in the field of food safety and climate changes. In order to reach such objectives, IUNG will collaborate very closely with 16 excellent Western Research Institutions, through two-way mobility trainings and intense and high-quality dissemination events.
The PROFICIENCY project is composed of the following seven work packages:
- WP1: Upgrade of equipment and setting up of a modern laboratoriesy – this will enrich the IUNG research basis with – seventeen high quality analytical apparatus and will enable to re-organise the research space as more appropriate according to the four research areas.
- WP2: Human capacities increase and optimal organisation of IUNG – improving the internal human capacities and the management organisation. Activities include employment of the Fiveexperienced researchers will be hired, mobility trainings will be managed and attract young Poles attractedback to the IUNG.
- WP3: Scientific trainings through researchers’ mobility – exchange of know-how through mobility trainings. Two-way mobility trainings will be organised, to exchange knowhow and increase knowledge on a large scale within Europe. IUNG will send a total of 56 over 50 researchers people for mobility trainings and will welcome in total about 30 scientists from the PROFICIENCY partners.
- WP4: Further integration of IUNG within the ERA and partnerships’ strengthening – partnership creations with other actors within Europe. New collaborations with other excellent research centres will be pursued (attendance to 5 international conferences), as well as a platform on sustainable agriculture launched.
- WP5: Dissemination of the IUNG scientific achievements and Project activities and results dissemination -– project and results dissemination this includesActivities will be organisationed of scientific meetings on different scales: international (2 international conferences), national (8 workshops, 3 trainings, 31 Open-days, 2 farmers’ days), and virtual (website and other tools).
- WP6: Management.
- WP7: Expert Panel review.
Contact: Agata Szczepaniak, Project Assistant, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org